The Lassen Youth Soccer League (LYS) is a non-profit organization that develops, promotes and administers the game of soccer for the youth of Lassen County which includes the areas of Susanville, Johnstonville, Litchfield, Standish, Janesville, Herlong and Doyle.
Each year over 700 boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 18 participate on recreational and competitive soccer teams. All youth play on teams within their Age Division.
The fall league program runs for 9 weeks from the last week in August to the end of October. LYS teams are powerful vehicles for developing life skills such as teamwork, dedication, and goal setting. Children have the opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills, and develop new interests. We encourage parents, children and coaches to work together to provide this rewarding environment.
The spring league program is shorter, only 6 weeks long. It begins mid-April through May. The playing fields are smaller, the teams are co-ed with fewer players per team, and there is less of a time commitment (2-3 days/week). The intent is to get the kids more touches on the ball, keep interest through the year, and to give the kids another opportunity to get out and play.
The success of LYS depends entirely upon the work of volunteers. LYS volunteers are dedicated to providing fundamental lessons for positive lifelong experiences in sport, and future competitive play.Sportsmanship is an important part of our soccer programs. All coaches and fans are expected to set an example for the players.
LYS is affiliated with California Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) District IX for Northern California, the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
Werner VS. Teeter
Lassen Community College - LCC-3 (U8)
Castaneda VS. Rice
Lassen Community College - LCC-6 (U8)
Buehler VS. McCartney
Lassen Community College - LCC-9 (U12)
Haynes VS. Young
Lassen Community College - LCC-7 (U10)
- Begins April 13
- Ends May 22
- Location: Lassen Community College
- NO PETS allowed on college grounds!
- Parking in designated spaces only!
- No smoking or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- DO NOT use restrooms in the college gym. Use the port-a-potties provided.
- Coaches receive rosters March 21.
- Coaching clinic @ Richmond School 3/21. U6-U8 coaches, 9:30-11:30; U10-U12 coaches, 1:00-3:00.
- 5/2 - Early registration - Children's Fair (Jensen Hall), 10am-3pm. ($10 off the regular registration rate.)
- 5/9 - Location and Time TBA.
- 5/16 - Location and Time TBA.
- Sign up for an account on our website so you can receive email and text (SMS) notifications and have direct access to your child's team page and game schedule.