The Lassen Youth Soccer League (LYS) is a non-profit organization that develops, promotes and administers the game of soccer for the youth of Lassen County which includes the areas of Susanville, Johnstonville, Litchfield, Standish, Janesville, Herlong and Doyle.
Each year over 700 boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 18 participate on recreational and competitive soccer teams. All youth play on teams within their Age Division.
The fall league program runs for 9 weeks from the last week in August to the end of October. LYS teams are powerful vehicles for developing life skills such as teamwork, dedication, and goal setting. Children have the opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills, and develop new interests. We encourage parents, children and coaches to work together to provide this rewarding environment.
The spring league program is shorter, only 6 weeks long. It begins mid-April through May. The playing fields are smaller, the teams are co-ed with fewer players per team, and there is less of a time commitment (2-3 days/week). The intent is to get the kids more touches on the ball, keep interest through the year, and to give the kids another opportunity to get out and play.
The success of LYS depends entirely upon the work of volunteers. LYS volunteers are dedicated to providing fundamental lessons for positive lifelong experiences in sport, and future competitive play.Sportsmanship is an important part of our soccer programs. All coaches and fans are expected to set an example for the players.
LYS is affiliated with California Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) District IX for Northern California, the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
MONTGOMERY VS. GRIFFIN
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 9 (U6 Teams)
MATCHNIFF VS. BRANCH
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 10 (U6 Teams)
NOEL VS. WALTON
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 11 (U6 Teams)
DANIELS VS. SCHORTZ
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 7 (U10 Teams)
NIELSEN VS. LOE
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 8 (U10 Teams)
YOUNG VS. ANDERSON
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 4 (U12 Teams)
MARTIN VS. NIELSEN
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 3 (U12 Teams)
MATCHNIFF VS. CASTANEDA
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 5
SMITH VS. LUNA
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 1
BERNHERDT VS. LIVELY
Susanville Ranch Park - Field 6
- Begins April 13
- Ends May 22
- Location: Lassen Community College
- NO PETS allowed on college grounds!
- Parking in designated spaces only!
- No smoking or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- DO NOT use restrooms in the college gym. Use the port-a-potties provided.
- Coaches receive rosters March 21.
- Coaching clinic @ Richmond School 3/21. U6-U8 coaches, 9:30-11:30; U10-U12 coaches, 1:00-3:00.
- 5/2 - Early registration - Children's Fair (Jensen Hall), 10am-3pm. ($10 off the regular registration rate.)
- 5/9 - Susanville Pizza Factory, 11:30 - 3:00 (Regular registration fee).
- 5/16 - Susanville Pizza Factory, 11:30 - 3:00 (Late registration fee - add $10/player).
- Or register online by clicking here.